feuille: the cabbage dude from avatar (my cabbages)
feuille ([personal profile] feuille) wrote2010-04-28 07:59 pm

meme time!


Well, I really want to get into 3W4DW. I think it's incredibly awesome to see everyone celebrating and having fun. I'm currently working on my own contribution, which will come later and in the form of a 'the world is awesome' picspam, but for now we have meme time!

Post 20 anime/manga/games/films/tv shows' summaries from Better Than It Sounds. Guess them!

1. Orphaned street urchin falls in love with rebellious princess, seduces her with the help of near-omnipotent comedian and a piece of fabric, and defeats the bad guy by trapping him into a device used for lighting.   Aladdin, guessed by [personal profile] ar 

2. Building supplies drop from the sky, and you must use them to erase any sign of your hard work to build the Kremlin. Tetris, guessed by [personal profile] thedivinegoat

3. A Cult-classic Self-insert fanfic about the Bible. The Divine Comedy, guessed by [personal profile] thedivinegoat 

4. A son saves his father's life, and they talk about baseball.

5. Uptight young man and his abuse-survivor sidekick sail high seas, commit mass murder.

6. A hero's attempts to slay a dragon are delayed when everyone makes him/her solve their problems first.

7. Nine men try to return a piece of jewelry to the factory it came from.
Lord of the Rings, guessed by [personal profile] thedivinegoat 

8. A group of dysfunctional people are chased by their pissed-off children.

9. A disastrous one-night-stand forces a recent hireling to prove hirself truly worthy of employment.

10. A sad couple drive around.

11. Wolverine is vehement that he prefers his wife alive. The Fountain, guessed by [personal profile] ar 

12. Boy named after a mouse helps locals improve their drug-filled sandpit, despite unfriendly wildlife. The government disapproves.

13. A fighter ace tours different careers in search of his wife.

14. A bunch of historians and a medieval reenactor get stuck in the Middle Ages. 
Timeline, guessed by tivunel.livejournal.com

15. Siblings argue over how to inherit their father's legacy.

16. Two kids get invited to visit their grandfather's zoo and watch a lawyer feed one of the animals. Jurassic Park, guessed by [personal profile] auguris  and [personal profile] thedivinegoat 

17. Buff blond tours Spain, kills village folk. Resident Evil 4, guessed by [personal profile] auguris 

18. An entire colony has very bad stomach cramps. The only one who can help them was sleeping for years. Aliens, guessed by [personal profile] st_aurafina 

19. A group of FBI agents fly to different parts of the country in order to pretend that they are crazy people. Criminal Minds, guessed by [personal profile] lettersforblood 

20. Crooked Space Cop has problems with hir pre-owned vehicle.

A few of these are so damn obscure *glee!* and I love them.

ar: Kristy Thomas from the BSC with the words "Kristy Thomas: Fulfilling Lesbian Stereotypes Since 1986." (bsc - lesbian stereotypes)

[personal profile] ar 2010-04-28 07:58 pm (UTC)(link)
1. ...Aladdin. Ahahahahahaha.
3. Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal?
11. The Fountain?

I find that my favourite part of this game is learning all the answers to the ones I have no clue about, because they always sound so interesting. XD
thedivinegoat: A photo of a yellow handled screwdriver, with text saying "This could be a little more sonic" (Default)

[personal profile] thedivinegoat 2010-04-30 12:45 am (UTC)(link)
Number 3 isn't The Divine Comedy is it?

(Your user names are missing the quotation marks around the name)
auguris: Close up shot of the bottom of a kitten's foot. (flying through the air)

[personal profile] auguris 2010-04-28 08:07 pm (UTC)(link)
16: Jurassic Park.
17: Resident Evil 4!

Also I guessed 1 was Aladdin, but [personal profile] ar beat me to it. :P
thedivinegoat: A photo of a yellow handled screwdriver, with text saying "This could be a little more sonic" (Default)

[personal profile] thedivinegoat 2010-04-28 09:15 pm (UTC)(link)
2. Tetris

7. Lord of the Rings

16. Jurassic Park
nanila: (saito: my bad)

[personal profile] nanila 2010-04-28 10:01 pm (UTC)(link)
Oh, I'm useless. The only one I think I know is 11 (X-Men Origins: Wolverine) and the fact that the others are so abstruse makes me think that that's just too obvious to be right!
sinatra: 'Sinatra', a hand tipping a fedora (mustache!)

[personal profile] sinatra 2010-04-29 06:48 am (UTC)(link)
Oh man - I have absolutely no idea, except for the ones I came across when I was looking up mine, and that's just cheating.

*throws up hands*

[identity profile] tivunel.livejournal.com 2010-04-29 10:41 pm (UTC)(link)
3. Narnia?
14. Timeline?

[identity profile] tivunel.livejournal.com 2010-04-29 10:42 pm (UTC)(link)
Just read your comment saying that 3. is classic literature so I'm guessing not Narnia!

[identity profile] tivunel.livejournal.com 2010-05-02 04:37 pm (UTC)(link)
I just had a thought - number 5 wouldn't be Hornblower would it?
st_aurafina: Rainbow DNA (Default)

[personal profile] st_aurafina 2010-04-29 11:26 pm (UTC)(link)
10. Driving Miss Daisy?

15. This is probably so wrong but is it The Godfather 2?

18. Aliens! (Stomach cramps, ew!)

[personal profile] lettersforblood 2010-04-30 06:03 pm (UTC)(link)
8. The Children (I think; I've only read summaries and seen lots of pictures)

19. Criminal Minds (just too hilarious not to be the BtiS summary for it)

...Is 6 from mythology?

These are hilarious. I think I'll do this.